It’s easy to get on the road, get out of town & explore nearby day trip or weekend wonders. Leaving Las Vegas is simple and fun
- Usually no traffic getting out of town
- Open highways to great destinations
- Hours away from mountains, other cities, the water
By Hal DeKeyser
If you’re tried to get out of L.A. on a Friday afternoon, you’ll appreciate this.
Not only are the cool places to visit in neighboring states a relatively close drive, it’s also easy to get out of Las Vegas to go there.
Sure, there traffic jam is coming into the city Friday afternoon northbound on Interstate 15 and again southbound on Sunday evening in the other direction, towards California. But that’s Angelenos coming and going for their party weekend.
But if want to get out of the city and head to other environs, you can be on the open highway in maybe 20 minutes. No traffic jams or weekend exodus will get in your way like leaving California. Just throw your stuff in your car and head out, worry free about traffic.
Try that starting from Torrance.
And where to go?
Los Angeles is about 3½ hours (to the edge of the Basin), and San Diego not much further. Utah has five fabulous national parks, all within striking distance of Las Vegas. You can get to the Grand Canyon or the scenic red rocks of Sedona in Arizona in about four hours. Phoenix takes about the same amount of time.
Laughlin is just down the Colorado River.
You can be skiing in Park City, Utah in about six hours drive.
You’ll have a great time visiting Las Vegas, and if you buy a home and move here, you’ll have all the benefits described in the DumpCal blogs.
But leaving Las Vegas is a snap as well.
See the entire #DumpCal blog series
- 10-plus reasons to Dump California for Vegas
- DumpCal Reason 1 — California housing costs are 2½-5 times Vegas’
- DumpCal Reason 2 — California income taxes are U.S. highest; Nevada, the lowest (as in NO state tax)
- DumpCal Reason 3: — California property taxes are 2½-5 times higher
- DumpCal Reason 5 – Vegas things to do are easier, cheaper, and plentiful
- DumpCal Reason 6 – Republican tax bill will cost Californians more in income taxes
- DumpCal Reason 7 – Las Vegas airport: convenient, flies everywhere, has best deals
- DumpCal Reason 8 – Leaving Las Vegas: easy trips to Cal, Arizona and Utah
- DumpCal Reason 9 – The Las Vegas economy is healthy and growing
- DumpCal Reason 10 – California regulation is killing businesses
- DumpCal Reason 11 — Leaving California – disasters – earthquakes, fires, mudslides …
Vegas home prices jump 14% from last DecemberWhere can you get the biggest house for the dollar?Vegas rated high for a vacation rental investmentLas Vegas jobs growth fuels climbing housing valuesLas Vegas 2018 housing predictions: More homes, higher costs, more newcomersVegas will be best 2018 housing market – ReportLas Vegas master-planned communities